FREE Guitar Town Workshops
The Guitar Town workshops are where artists reveal and discuss their most significant influences, and how those influences inevitably evolve into a new generation of players that will inspire and influence the next. Hands-on demonstrations will enable fans, guitar enthusiasts and players to hear and appreciate the most popular instrument in the world with a remarkably fresh perspective.
Moderated by David Wilson from Tonequest Magazine.
As always, the Saturday and Sunday clinics will are FREE and open to the public, and will be held in Village Square at 10am both mornings.
Guitar Workshop presented by: Jim Deeming
Explore the techniques of Chet Atkins, Merle Travis, Jerry Reed, Tommy Emmanuel, Doyle Dykes and more in this 90 minute workshop. Tailored to audience participation, Jim will teach and demonstrate beginner to advanced techniques including:
- Fingerstyle 101. How to get a handle on that elusive “thumb independence”
- Fundamentals of Chet Atkins thumbpicking style and authentic “Travis Picking”
- Arranging songs for solo fingerstyle guitar
- A look under the hood at some amazing licks and turnarounds
- How to build speed and accuracy.
- How to build up strength and flexibility for those tough chords.
- How to change your strings in 20 minutes and not fight tuning problems for days.
Particpants are encouraged to bring a guitar but it is not required. Observers are welcome.