Frequently Asked Questions
What are the rules for Copper’s Gone to the Dogs?
- Your dog must remain on leash and have someone present with him/her at all times
- Dogs must be up to date on vaccinations (per the registration waiver)
- Must show proof of rabies vaccination at race sign-in (A rabies tag is sufficient proof)
- Dog must be dog-friendly
- Dog must be over 6 months of age
- Dogs in heat are NOT allowed
- You will be responsible for cleaning up after your pet. There will be clean-up bags provided along the race trail.
Can I run/walk without a dog?
Of course! Dogs are optional.
Is there an age limit?
Only for your dog. Remember, dogs 6 months or younger are not allowed to race.
Can I use a stroller?
No, the courses are not stroller friendly
Will water be provided for racers and their dogs?
- There will be water stations for both dogs and humans located throughout the racecourse.
- There will be water, human and dog snacks available in the Dog Gone Village immediately after the race
Is the course wheelchair-accessible?
No, unfortunately these courses are not wheelchair accessible
Where is the course?
The 5K Course and the 10K Course take place throughout Copper Mountain Resort and the Copper's Center Village. Please visit the “Course” page on the website to view the course map
Where will I park?
Copper Mountain Resort has plenty of free parking for you and your dogs. Beeler Lot and Chapel Lot are designated as Copper’s Gone to the Dogs Race parking
How much is the entry fee?
For Individuals: Early-Bird Registration for the Gone to the Dogs 5K or 10K Run/Walk is $30.00 before June 20th. Race week registration is $35 (June 21-27th). Online registration closes at midnight on June 26th.
For Teams of 6 or more: Early-bird registration is $25 per person before June 20th. Race week registration is $30 per person (June 21-27th). Online registration closes at midnight on June 25th
How do I signup to race once online registration closes?
Walk-ups are welcome until June 27th at 6pm at Packet Pickup – Copper Sports in the Center Village. Race day sign-up is available at the start line from 8am-9am only.
When and where can I pick up my number and race packet?
For Individuals & Teams: Race packets can be picked up at Copper Mountain Sports on Friday from noon-6:30pm
Do I get a t-shirt?
Only early-bird registrants will receive a t-shirt.
Will there be awards for Copper’s Gone to the Dogs?
Yes! There will be 4 categories of awards for each race of Copper’s Gone to the Dogs
- There will be awards for the top 3 overall finishers with dogs (Male & Female)
- There will be awards for the top finisher in each age group (Male & Female)
- There will be awards for the top 3 overall fundraisers
- Largest Team award
Who benefits from the proceeds of Copper’s Gone to the Dogs?
100% of the net proceeds benefit League for Animals and People of the Summit (L.A.P.S). The primary function of LAPS is reducing pet overpopulation through spay and neuter programs in Summit County. Our other charity programs benefit the general welfare of companion animals whose low-income owners are in need of financial assistance. For more information, visit www.summitlaps.com.
How do I raise donations in support of my participation?
Here are some tips to help you reach your goal:
- Tell your friends and family. Tell your friends and family why you are participating in this event and how their donations could positively impact the lives of animals and their people here in Summit County. Ask them to make a donation in the honor of you or a loved pet.
- Use social media. Place frequent fundraising updates on your Facebook, Twitter or other social media networks.
- Use snail mail. Compose personal letters and send them to your neighbors, relatives and friends. Provide them with a stamped return envelope to make donating a breeze!
- Ask for support. Ask your employer to match the funds you raise.
- Celebrate your birthday. Ask friends to support your efforts in lieu of presents.
- Offer your services. You could babysit, wash a car, mow a lawn, or pet sit. You could also sell lemonade, baked goods, or have a yard sale!
- Throw a party. Throw a party at your house or office and have everyone that comes donate $5. Or organize a "casual dress day" at your office, where employees can wear casual clothes for a $5 donation toward your cause.
Does the registration fee count towards my fundraising goal?
Yes, the registration fee counts towards your total. However, we encourage participants to get supporters through www.coppersgonetothedogs.com
I have offline pledges that I would like to enter, how do I do that?
For all run/walk participants, we will add offline donations to your fundraising total once we receive them. You can mail checks to the Copper Mountain Resort Association but please drop off cash in person. Checks can be mailed to the Copper Mountain Resort Association at 189 Ten Mile Circle, Copper Mountain, CO 80443. Please include all contact information so as to be sure we credit the correct registrant.
How do I form a team?
You can form a team online or using paper registration found at the Copper Mountain Resort Association. There is a $5 discount for teams that have 6 members or more!
How do I invite people to join my team?
You can form teams by asking family, friends, co-workers, etc.
Is there a minimum or maximum number of participants per team?
- There is no limit! We welcome teams large and small; however, only teams of 6 or more will receive a $5 discount off the registration price.
- Corporate teams, school teams, church and sports teams are encouraged to participate.
- We welcome creativity and team spirit during the race
Are there other activities going on at Copper after the race?
Yes! We will have a variety of activities and entertainment including:
- Dog Gone Vendor Village offering food and samples for dogs and their humans
- Live Music
- Copper's Center Village activities including Chair Lift rides, bumper boats, the zip line, go-carts, and a climbing wall ensure fun for the whole family
Are there lodging specials for Dog Gone Registrants?
Yes! Check back soon for details.